The Four Types Of OSHA Workplace Violations

OSHA stands for Occupational Safety and Health Administration, an organization that is responsible for enforcing health and safety regulations in workplace environments. Employers, employees, and manufacturers are all obligated to follow the OSHA guidelines and support safety in the workplace. These regulations are set in place to maintain safe workplace environments and prevent serious injuries …

The Importance Of Senior Health

Growing older often means a heightened awareness of our bodies and common ailments that can occur more frequently. Issues such as incontinence, joint and muscle stiffness, or lack of balance become normal parts of our lives that we can minimize by pursuing a healthy, active lifestyle. Listening more closely to what your body is telling …

Suicide, Depression And Magnesium Deficiency

Most approaches to the problem of “Suicidal Thoughts” center around counseling, followed by drug treatment. I do not believe that either path would have much significant effect in the outcome. The counseling approach will no doubt work in some instances, but the actual reality in a large number of cases is this approach does not …

How To Make The Most Of Them

Over the past six years, I have belonged to two support groups, and they’ve both been helpful in different ways. In my bipolar support group, I was one of the sufferers, though our group also welcomed family members and friends. My Alzheimer’s support group was for caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s or other types of …

Therapeutic Communication In The Nursing Profession

Nursing is a caring profession. It is also a profession that is more and more evidenced based in practice. In as much as the scientific aspects of nursing is increasing due to the complex technological advancement of medicine and the machinery that is used at the patients bedside, the fact remains that the nurse is …

What Are The Chances Of Having A Baby With Down Syndrome?

Fortunately 97 per cent of the babies born in the United States are perfectly normal. The defects found in the other 3 per cent may be caused by: • hereditary factors • mutations • environmental factors • disease or deficiency while in the womb • damage at birth • metabolic disorders. Heredity Some abnormalities are …

What Is Mantle Cell Lymphoma?

Mantle cell lymphoma is a subtype of B-cell or B-Lymphocyte lymphoma categorized under Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. This type of lymphoma is due to a malignant transformation of the B-cells. These B-cells are part of the immune system and responsible for destroying microorganisms that invade the body. The disease got its name for the malignant B-cells are …

Phlegm, Dampness And Chinese Medicine

Internal Dampness & Phlegm Dampness and phlegm are accumulations that occur in the body that may make us feel ‘phlegmy’ or just heavy and tired. When our diet is out of sync with our body, our mind is working overtime, or when the weather is very damp and humid, we tend to become stagnant with …

The Progression Of Alzheimer’s Disease

Alzheimer’s disease is marked by slow development, and its characteristic decline in cognitive and behavioral function typically takes place gradually over a period of several years. It is because of this slow onset that many cases go undiagnosed until more severe symptoms become apparent. Over time, the disease affects a person’s memory, language skills, decision …